Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Master of My Personal Space

http://www.justsouno.wordpress.com    Boundaries: What are they?

    "Something that marks or fixes a limit."
    This is the true definition of boundaries. And, the true definition of personal boundaries. Every one has them, or should have them. It's is how far we, personally, will allow ourselves to be extended; morally, socially, physically, often--mentally. Viewed as our "safe" zone. A place we are at comfort within any given situation. 

    My personal boundaries have shifted over the years, expanding as I grow into the person I am and want to be. "Shifting" due to confidence, personal growth, insecurities, and awareness. Thus, changing often, perhaps even on a daily basis. Why? Simply due to emotional needs, comfort in environment and "mood". And, I feel the latter plays a tremendous part in this "shifting" of boundaries daily. 

    Lets say, for example, I'm invited to an event that is out of my realm of past experience. I have nothing what-so-ever to draw on, so this means I am forced to "wing" it. Taking into consideration that I am a creative person with a fairly active imagination, my first choice is to fake it with every ounce of effort. Which, I must say, I do quite well. Often fooling others into believing that I know exactly what I'm doing. This seems to be a talent I have developed over the years. And actually, quite amusing and entertaining for me. And since I am bored easily, this seems to suit me on most occasions. It is still within my personal comfort zone; BUT, tests the comfort zone of others. 

   Which brings us to "mood". I am willing to admit that I am a mischievous individual. Why? Pure and simple: boredom and creativity. I require a tremendous amount of intellectual stimulation. And, if such is absent from my environment, then I am left to my own devices of creating it. Which, in my estimation, while being clever on my part, may not appear so to others in my company. Therefore, I have often been dubbed "annoying". 

    That said, let's take into consideration the boundaries of others. 

     I do respect the boundaries of others if I know what they are. Most people are not in the habit of wearing a sign clearly stating their personal boundaries. It's a matter of getting acquainted, i.e. getting to know the individual personally. Some individuals are open, easy to ascertain. Where as others, seem to be more of a challenge in sizing up their limitations. And I consider it my personal challenge to size up those limitations. What are they? How far can I go? Where exactly do they draw the "line"? If they are not guarding their own boundaries, is that my responsibility? I think NOT.

    Therefore, we have the dilemma of where to start, where to end, how much "trouble" am I willing to entrench myself in. Depending on my mood, I would say that it holds no bounds. 

    You may perceive this form of thinking as cruel or inconsiderate. No, not at all. Without people like myself in this world, how could you possibly learn: limitations, patience, defeat your fears, and overcome those hurtles you've been plagued with. This is my gift to my fellow man. 

    In closing, let me say, someone has to test you; it might as well be me.



Note: This is purely sarcastic humor. I do respect the boundaries of others. 

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment